As you already know protein is the most essential element to the muscle building process. If you tore up the gym and had an amazing workout, but didn’t fuel/ rejuvenate your muscles with a high protein food source or protein supplement, then you mind as well say good-bye to all that effort you put in at the gym.
“Delivering Your body a constant supply of Protein throughout the entire day is essential for optimum muscle growth. Protein is made up of amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of your muscles and body. Without them, it would be impossible to build. repair or even maintain muscle tissue.”
Benefits of whey protein supplements and protein powders:
- Increase lean muscle mass
- Increase Strength
- Improve exercise recovery
- Improve body composition (muscle to fat ratio)
Different kinds of protein powders:
- Whey protein – (most popular choice, rapidly broken down and digested, great amino acids, inexpensive)
- Casein protein – (slow digesting, good to consume before bed)
- Egg protein – (made from egg whites, high cocentration of essential amino acids, easily digested, contains almost no fat or carbs)
- Soy Protein – (great for vegans, easily digested, high in anti-oxidants)
If you have recently been to your local GNC, Vitamin Shoppe or nutritional supplement store, then I’m sure you have seen one major section filled with various protein supplements.
What are currently the best protein supplements to go with?
Here are the Top 10 Protein Supplements of 2013:
#10 – Dymatize: Elite Whey Protein
Ratings on bodybuilding.com – 8.7/10
- Low Cost, Low Carb Protein is Perfect for Carb Watchers!
- 100% Elite Whey Protein
- Low Carb Solution
- Instant Mixability
- Available in All Natural
Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Reviews – bodybuilding.com